7 Things You Should Look for in an Implementation Methodology
At Practical Software Solutions, we use our time-tested implementation methodology to help ensure every project stays on budget and on schedule.
How does it work?
First, we ask you to define a "successful implementation," then work with you every step of the way to achieve your goal. The building blocks of a successful implementation include:
- Clear objectives
- Upper management support
- Dedicated resources
- Proper planning and education
- Vendor methodology project management
Next, we define the project scope, which guides the project team in meeting the agreed-upon goals. Through a series of discussions, we review the scope of the integrated plan, the procedures and the kickoff:
- Lay the foundation — Transition from sales to services, business analysis, project planning, etc.
- Plan the details — Plan system operations, plan data conversion and interfaces, detail design, etc.
- Implementation — Procedures and testing preparation, convert and modify interface, system test, training, etc.
- Rollout — Parallel processing, live processing
- Analyze results — System review
The result is a tailored solution that fits the needs of your company.